Dear BYC families,
Thank you all for your patience and flexibility during this unsettling time. As we monitor the situation, we continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of our community while still thinking of ways to provide musical experiences to our choristers.
It is important to note that there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Bellevue School District or BYC community at this time. Based on recommendations from Public Health, and following the Bellevue School District, we are currently planning to hold rehearsals next week as planned, barring any major developments regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Here are the measures we will take to protect our community:
- Cross of Christ cleaning crew is now cleaning/sanitizing high traffic and touch areas Monday through Friday.
- BYC Staff will also sanitize surfaces before and after rehearsals
- All choristers and staff will be required to wash hands before entering rehearsal, and hand sanitizer will be available at the check-in desk
- BYC Staff will no longer ask children to hold hands, and instead will keep distance between singers
While we hope that many choristers attend rehearsal, we understand that not everyone is able to. If your child is in the at-risk category or exhibits any flu-like symptoms, please keep them at home. You can find more information on the Public Health website.
Please help us out by submitting attendance online so that we can plan accordingly for each rehearsal day. Log into your account at bellevueyouthchoirs.org and select your attendance under "Response."
For those who choose not to attend rehearsals, we are doing all we can to allow for continued participation and learning through remote options. Watch for a video describing how to utilize the website practicing features.
REMOTE REHEARSAL OPTIONS
- Rehearsals will be recorded and posted on our website for each choir by the following day.
- Practice tracks and PDFs of each piece of music will be posted and available over the next few days. Each chorister will be assigned a piece of music. Directors will begin assigning homework for those who cannot attend, including 1) recording your part, 2) accessing and using the practice materials, and responding to directors with questions through the website.
Finally, we all are aware of the precautions various organizations have taken to make sure our communities stay safe, including canceling large gatherings. With that in mind, BYC has decided to postpone our Spring Concert: Water.
Our audience often include older relatives such as grandparents, and we want to keep those families members safe. The show must go on... just at a later time, and possibly in a different format.
If you have purchased tickets to this event already, we are happy to save your ticket for another event or convert it into a donation. Please email us to let us know your preference.
We will continue to monitor the CDC and King County Health Department websites and announcements. Please be safe and keep an eye on your e-mail for further communication in case things change.